Instant Pot Sous Vide Cooker – you will know what a Sous Vide cooker is, how Instant Pot Accu SV 800 sous-vide circulator as a device can help you cook food slowly at precise low temperatures over a long period of time to achieve succulent, nutritious and delicious meals. You will learn the features and benefits of this device and why you should buy it! You will also read sample reviews expressing positive and negative opinions about the unit.
After you read this article you will be in a better informed informed decision about Sous Vide cooker especially the Instant Pot Accu SV 800 circulator. The reviews shed more light and being numerous you are likely to find or read one that is specific to your situation. You might find a reviewer who reviews the unit answering exactly what you were wondering about. Read along…
What is A Sous Vide Cooker?
- 1 What is A Sous Vide Cooker?
- 2 Instant Pot Sous Vide Cooker Features and Benefits
- 3 Learn More About Sous Vide Cookers
- 4 Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Sous Vide Reviews
Until recently, only chefs were privy to all the limited world of Sous Vide cooking. The phrase means ‘under vacuum’ in French and it’s defined as a process of first vacuum-sealing food items and placing them in a water bath.
However, you don’t need to seal your food in a vacuum to cook sous vide. Rather, think of sous vide cooking as a technique for bringing food to a perfect temperature that produces the best-taste, texture and flavor.
By purchasing your own sous vide cooker, you can realize all of the advantages that a top chef has when cooking food in a 5-star restaurant. Sous vide cooking means that you’ll be able to seal your food when cooking to retain the vitamins, minerals and other nutrients that more traditional cooking methods ruin. Also read Instant Pot IP-DUO 7-In-1.
Though the Instant Pot Accu SV800 Sous Vide Immersion Circulator is not necessarily the best seller at Amazon to be recommended as the best sous vide cooker, it is the best companion of the instant pot electric pressure cookers!
The instant pot pressure cooker models include the IP-DUO-50/60/80, IP-LUX50/60 and the IP-SMART. Let’s look the Accu SV800 model briefly below.
Instant Pot Sous Vide Cooker Features and Benefits
Sous vide cooking ensures food is precisely cooked at low temperatures over a long period of time to achieve succulent, delicious meals. Sealed pouches allow food to cook in its own juices along with your favorite marinades such that all the nutrients and flavors are preserved in the cooking process for healthier and tastier meals. Sous vide cooking is a great way of cooking tougher and lower grade cuts of meats. A Sous vide cooker is perfect for families and entertaining guests. Sous Vide Cookers are healthy and help you cook like a chef. Compare with Instant Pot Smart Cooker. Below are some of the features and benefits of adopting Sous Vide cooking.
Instant Pot Sous Vide Cooker Features
- User friendly touch-screen digital controls,
- Lightweight stainless steel,
- Easy-to-grip plastic handle,
- Ability to set precise temperatures with control accuracy of 0.4°F/0.2°C,
- Has a 12V DC motor that works extremely quietly and has enhanced lifetime/durability compared to standard AC motors used in other brands,
- Clamps securely to Instant Pot 6Qt/8Qt inner pots or other containers with the adjustable stainless steel clamp that has maximum clamp height of about 8″
- Has versatile cooking time settings ranging from 10 minutes to 72 hours,
- Has versatile temperature settings ranging from 104°F to 195°F (40°C to 90°C).
Sous Vide Cooking Advantages
The Instant Pot Sous Vide device like any other best Sous Vide cooker has a lot of advantages to using it including but not limited to;
- Gourmet Tastes: simple to cook soft, tender and juicy meat with the help of this cooker, even tougher and lower cut meats,
- Turns home cooks into gourmet chefs by cooking high-end restaurant quality food at home,
- Cooks professionally and precisely with absolute accuracy of +/- 1°F between 104-194° F/40-90° C in near silence for up to 72 hours,
- Easy-to-clean with secure stand up design and removable stainless steel skirt (almost no cleaning necessary, simply wash and air dry the skirt),
- Cooking your food sous vide also prevents bacteria and toxins such as Acrylaminde from forming – ensuring that you consume the healthiest and most nutritious meals possible,
- Don’t forget taste when cooking sous vide. Cooking your food at low temps and when vacuum sealed ensures robust flavors from the spices, herbs and natural tastes of the food,
- There won’t ever be dry or burned edges – or rare center areas of meat – but you’ll realize a fully intact and appealing texture possible. Cooking with a sous vide cooker is so easy and fun.
Learn More About Sous Vide Cookers
You simply seal the food items in a vacuum sealer, place it in the water bath oven, set the target time and remove the bag when time is up. You can then sear it or serve it as it comes out of the bag. Read Instant Pot LUX 6 in 1!
Some sous vide cookers sport a digital timer, easy-to-read LCD and a large window so you can view your food as it cooks. The sous vide cookers heat the water to the exact and consistent temperature – and some cookers even connect to your phone – letting you simply touch a button to begin the cooking process.
You don’t have to be a professional chef to take advantage of sous vide cooking. The cooker does all the work of timing and heat rather than leaving it to chance. Rather than a hit and miss success with cooking, you’ll be able to cook consistently great food each and every time you use your sous vide cooker.
The advantages of sous vide cookers are many – you’ll have perfect consistency because you’re cooking at the right temperatures for the exact amount of time. Your food will cook in its own juices, so it will be consistently moist and tender. When you have Instant Pot pressure cooker recipes you will enjoy your sous vide cooker every time.
You’ll also realize less waste with a sous vide cooker because the food items won’t dry out or lose as much as its volume than with traditional cooking methods. That will result in less waste.
You don’t have to monitor your food on a constant basis either. Sous vide is a precise method of cooking which means that it handily holds the correct temperature so it won’t over or under cook. You’ll love taking the guesswork out of cooking with sous vide. Read Instant Pot accessories.
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Sous Vide Reviews
As mentioned above the sample below of a few reviews you can get down at Amazon will share some light into some areas about the Instant Pot Accu SV800 sous vide immersion circulator that you may have been asking yourself questions about. Read more reviews by clicking here!
Wonderful immersion circulator! – I purchased this sous vide immersion circulator on a ridiculous lightning deal for around $50. Based on a week’s worth of near constant usage, I am extremely happy with it. Previously, I owned a controller that allowed me to use a slow cooker for sous vide, but this is so much faster and more convenient. So far, I’ve cooked chicken breast, steak, eggs (scrambled and in the shell), and lamb chops, all turning out exactly how I wanted. The unit is quiet and heats water quickly. If you want to try sous vide (you should), I highly recommend this product!
For the budget-minded trendy chef – I bought this as a lightning deal. I have been eyeing immersion circulators for some time now, but couldn’t justify the costs given my expected occasional use. At the price I paid, this is a five star value. The Instant Pot sous vide is a newer entrant to the Sous Vide trend, and it skips some of the fancier features that other manufacturers offer. There isn’t an app, it isn’t bluetooth or Wi-Fi connected — what you see is what you get. And it’s just enough, quite frankly. The SV800 has a simple push button interface with a simple display showing temperature and time. That’s all you really need to get high quality results from a sous vide.
I subtracted a star because of a few reasons:
1) It isn’t the strongest immersion circulator out there – heating takes a bit longer, circulation isn’t quite as strong. Still works, just takes a bit more patience.
2) The timer. I want to know the time is up, and how long it has run, but I don’t want it to shut off at the end of the timer. I get around this by setting a much longer than desired running time, and running a secondary timer on my phone. Again, just a bit more hassle.
3) Price wise, you can get the fancier products on special around the MSRP of the instant pot fairly often. If you need one immediately and none are on sale, it’s a very good choice. But if you can be patient, these things are on sale all the time.
That said, love the product for what it is, and for what I paid.